Add me on twitter baby....

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ugh...Times Like These


Have you heard of the cliche "The career is on fire but the bed is ice cold"? (sumthing like that)

I always felt like I would have a banging career and my love life would be lackluster as a consequence. I am very rigid in my thinking when it comes to my career.

  • I know what I want
  • I go after what I want
  • I am very determined in achieving my goals
  • I refuse to let anybody stand in my way
  • Put God First (of course) {Total OxyMoron}
Every relationship that I have had in the past year or so has ended in the same manner. I would be so occupied that my mate at the time drifts slowly into the mind frame of rethinking the whole relationship.

I know. I know. I have to do better! But I refuse to sit on my dreams and see them whither away and I also expect my partner to be proactive. I want to find encouragement in my partner. I want to know that we are in this together. Its 2009, the time is now! Also, just because we have a relationship does not mean we are having sex...(Puhlease, a finger and a hand will do just fine...Lol, did I just say that?)

Naw, but real talk...
Do I set my standards to high? Am I looking for a guy that does not exist?

1 comment:

  1. nah, not @ all...this just means that you know exactly what you and most men out won't cut it...

    ReplyDelete